If you've been around Luke or you've talked to family, you'll know that Luke Aaron has changed our lives dramatically. But it's been all good! He has got to be the best baby! I'm sure many moms say that but it's the truth with Luke. He doesn't cry unless he's hungry; he sleeps 3-4 hours at a time and only fusses as he wakes up; he is alert after nursing and a diaper changing, making it easy to talk and sing to him. It's great! I can't complain! His only problem is trying to naturally work out his plumbing system. This natural act causes a lot of pain for him and he is great at grunting and tooting! I've never heard/smelled of such a gasy baby! Who knew those sounds could come out of something so small!?! (I'm sure he will appreciate this shared info in about 15 years!)
Luke has been a wonderful addition to our simple family and we are so blessed by him. It's amazing to watch Heath with him-so gentle and tender for such a big guy. He is totally enamored with Luke and just wants to love and protect him. Only God could have created such a sweet and loving daddy out of a guy who had never held a newborn until our nephew was born or changed a diaper until our son was born. It's an amazing transformation!
Luke has been a wonderful addition to our simple family and we are so blessed by him. It's amazing to watch Heath with him-so gentle and tender for such a big guy. He is totally enamored with Luke and just wants to love and protect him. Only God could have created such a sweet and loving daddy out of a guy who had never held a newborn until our nephew was born or changed a diaper until our son was born. It's an amazing transformation!
Since Luke spends so much time sleeping, I thought I would share a few photos of him doing just that! He's started relaxing a little bit and spreading his arms out when he sleeps-but no photos of that yet. I also thought it would be funny to take a pic of his "bed." He won't sleep in the bassinet/pack-n-play unless he is elevated. We started with the carrier in the bassinet and then moved to the diaper changing pad with a pillow underneath. Whatever works, right? And then there is the photo of him sleeping in his swing-he loves to be rocked or bounced...always moving, just like in the womb. I thought it would be cute to share the pic of Luke's first trip to church with Preacher Larry, and then you have our family photo attempt. Oh well!
Looks to me like he likes sleeping with his momma best of all!!
ReplyDelete