Thursday, December 11, 2008

He's Here!


The Lord blessed us this past Monday, December 8, 2008 with Luke Aaron Huffmaster. He entered this world at 3:35 pm and weighed 8 lbs and 6 oz and stretched out to 21 inches long. He is healthy, beautiful and an obvious miracle from God.


I was very fortunate and had a fairly easy delivery and never said a sour word to Heath...or anyone else. My doctor thought I was funny because I closed my eyes to focus and I held on to a styrofoam cup of ice thru the delivery without crushing it. According to mom and Bethany, I said a few things that aren't typical during the pain ("Can I have a kleenex, please?").

Luke didn't eat too well in the first few hours so we had to stay an extra night in the hospital. In fact, he nursed twice and then he didn't eat again for over 15 hours. Once he decided he was hungry, there was no stopping him. He's doing much better now and we are working to see when he's going to eat and sleep.

He didn't sleep our first night at home so we are quite worn out (I hope to post more photos later). Thankfully, mom has been here to help if needed and she definitely was needed.

1 comment:

  1. He is wonderful! I can't wait to see more pictures.

    By the way, you can check out my little ones at www.ultraswank.blogspot.com.

    Enjoy your time with him!

    ReplyDelete