Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love electricity!


So most of you have heard and read about our ice storm. I learned a lot about myself during that time:

1. I love electricity. I mean, I knew I depended on it, but wow! I have to have it! I'm addicted!

2. I can't start a fire. Yesterday while I was in the shower and heath was at work, the power went out. After trying to bundle Luke better, I went to the living room and attempted to start a fire. I at least got the newspaper to burn well! Then it left a log smoldering for an hour and a half. It was a good effort and by the time Heath got home there were a few embers. Just not enough flame to heat up anything.

3. After spending four days in the house, I needed some outside time. The last time I had left the house was Monday to make a Wal-Mart run. Food was running out, and probably spoiling with the off and on power, and I had major cabin fever.

4. Hobby Lobby can fix cabin fever! I made a trip to HL, bought some scrapbook papers and a few embellishments and made it back home within an hour. I wasn't gone long but long enough to satisfy the need for independence.

5. I need seperation from Luke. The child had been by my side since Sunday night and I needed a break and I'm sure he needed a break. Since I couldn't start a fire, I held Luke most of the afternoon since all I could offer him was body heat. Quite pathetic on my part. After HL, Luke and I went to Aunt Bethany's place and hung out, watched some TV, had an Icee.

6. Did I mention I love electricity!

7. Luke was not bothered at all by the ice storm. Notice the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea,
    To know thyself is an accomplishment. I'm the same, but I admire you for making it 4 days. After 24 hours, my cabin fever is BAD. Thankfully, if they are open, I can put on boots and walk to the mall or grocery store. Being in the city is not without its rewards. Love the baby pictures. Keep them coming! Has anyone else told you that Luke resembles his Aunt Bethany quite a lot? Bet that makes her smile!
    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete