Monday, March 8, 2010

First haircut and more!

Luke wandered down the hall and went into his room...this is what I found. I could not be more proud since I am so passionate about books and reading. He loves books and I hope that I am reading to him enough for him to learn language, directionality, and the relationship between print and sounds. My heart pitter-patters! Luke had his first haircut last week. I know he doesn't look like he needs a haircut, but he was starting to grow a mullet and he had one strand that was super long down his forehead. Aunt Lauren fixed him up very quickly. He chewed on a comb and sat still in my lap while Aunt Lauren worked his magic. He looks so cute and it hardly changed his look...he's still my sweet baby boy!



Another suggestion for an ad campaign. "Start 'em young!"
Luke found heath's water bottle from his trip to the gym with a little water left and Luke managed to suck this bottle dry! He got so mad when we took it away so we filled it with a little more water and he was happy for another 30 minutes, toting it around the house. I don't know how many wet diapers I changed that day, but it was fun to share in this new toy!

Luke has grown so much in the last month-crawling into or on top of anything within reach, experimenting more with language (he said dog twice on command last Saturday), and he started waving 'bye-bye' and going to the back door. He doesn't speak much with words but he loves to babble. He will walk around the house saying "da-da-da-da-da-da-da" or even "na-na-na-na-na" but nothing that sounds remotely like momma. He can say more words when he wants to but it is rare. I've heard him say these words only once or twice but it was in reference to whatever we were doing so that counts...right? He has said : dog, odger (Dodger), ook (book), ible (Bible), daddy and no (but only once). He hasn't said momma since Christmas break and I'm getting impatient.
Luke has almost 8 teeth-4 molars! He loves to see me when I get home from work-he will run to the door and open his arms for me to hug him and then he tries to crawl in my lap so I will pick him up. It's wonderful for me to see how excited he gets. Heath is jealous because Luke will run towards him and then stop midway and turn around; he wants daddy to chase him! It's adorable. he truly is a precious little boy and so happy!



1 comment: