But God had a different plan for me--a better plan. Instead, I left the only two cities I knew and felt comfortable with (STL and Searcy) to move to Fort Smith where I didn't know a single soul. I was forced to get involved at church if I wanted to meet people and eventually, that's where I met Heath's aunt. She (Debbie) and her daughter, Jeana, introduced me to Heath--a young guy still in college as an "Ag Business" major (I didn't know what that was?!?) and a volunteer firefighter.
Today, I looked at the farm, all the beauty of the outdoors, my sweet boy's little face, and realized that God's plan was much better than mine. Even though I never thought I would EVER end up in rural America with dead animals on my living room walls, I love it.
I love my husband and his attitude of wanting to take care of our little family and provide for us. I love his work ethic and loyalty to any task he takes on. I love how he interacts with our son and loves on him and encourages him to explore.
I love our home, the unimportant 'things' that we have, and the opportunities that life has provided. Here are a few pics to share God's blessings-
And here are my sweet boys-I'm sorry that the view is vertical but you'll just have to turn your head. It's these moments that I cherish and thank God for. So simple and yet so sweet.
Life is beautiful! (And so are Luke's thighs! Turn up the volume to hear his squealing.)
Life is beautiful! (And so are Luke's thighs! Turn up the volume to hear his squealing.)
You are so sweet and thoughtful Andrea. Our family is amazingly blessed by you. I watched you with Luke on Monday and thought what a great mother you are! Enjoy your summer on the little farm up north.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Debbie
that looks wonderful. something about the country is so invigorating. We just moved out to Bella Vista, which is by no way rural, but it has the 'country' feel to it. I love it.
ReplyDelete