All good news...with only a little concern.
Of course the doctor told us he was perfect (that makes every wellness check-up so far...and do they really think we don't already know this?!?). She said he was doing well developmentally (even with all the jabber and few words), his muscle mass is great-duh! And he seems to be perfectly well (such a blessing). She wasn't worried about his bowed-legged walk or the fact that he occasionally turns his right foot inward a lot. In fact, she said most feet/walking issues correct themselves as the kids get older-90% self-correct.
He's 32 lbs and 37 inches tall. Read that again--that's 3 feet!!! I've had friends at school whose doctors have looked at their height patterns and made predictions about the kids' height. No doctor has ever offered this so I asked her opinion. She explained that she can't really offer an opinion. You see, Luke is a bit inconsistent in this area. At his last appt (February, I think), he was in the 97th percentile for height. This time he was officially off the chart.
He has no growth pattern, people. According to the doctor, Luke's height will all depend on when he starts puberty.
Let me back up a little. When the doctor walked in the room, saw Luke and read his stats, she looked at Heath and I and said, "Well, for having such a big boy, you guys aren't giants!" She quickly assessed that Heath was 6'2" and that I was 5'5" and she said that wasn't too tall.
So getting back to Luke's height-she predicts 6'4" easily. But she said that if he hits puberty at 12, he may be 6'; if he hits around 14, she predicts around 6'4"; if he doesn't hit puberty until he's 16, she said he might be 6'8"! Seriously? This baby boy of mine could one day tower over me a whole foot and a half?!? *SIGH*
I am so very thankful that this boy is so healthy and happy, but I pray that he slows down a little in the height dept. I always wanted a baseball player, Heath wanted football. It looks like we might have a basketball player instead.
PS-this picture is kinda old; it's from the Children's Museum of Evansville from June...we met Tiffany there to hang out for the day.
Oh my word - he's a big boy!!! Poor little Presley doesn't have a chance! She's in the 25th percentile in height! I need to know your secret...must not be Tyson chicken...or is it?
ReplyDeleteHappy to see your post...