Saturday, October 16, 2010

Count on him!

You can count on Luke!   That's right folks-Luke can COUNT!  I didn't pressure him or make him mimic me (ever!), I just always counted things.  So...last Sunday for lunch, we stopped at Braums's for a quick meal.  Heath immediately started sharing French Fries (always a bad idea to give first) and then he tore the chicken tender into small pieces.  Luke ate all the fries and asked for me, WITH the chicken on his plate.  I told him no, that he needed to eat three bites of his chicken first.  Luke proceeded to say, "One, too, ree."
Heath and I were so surprised and proud that we started cheering and clapping.  He smiled, knew the attention was ALL on him, so he counted again, as an encore presentation.
That evening at church, he counted again for everyone in the pews around us (he was a little loud).  He was playing with his tractor and trying to balance crayons that were too long in/on the bucket.  Daddy was trying to help and then out of nowhere, he started counting.  "One, too, ree, fo, fi, si."  YEA!   We couldn't quite celebrate like we wanted to since Preacher Larry was doing his job at the front, but we were so proud!  He counted a few more times and even got to 9.  "One, to, re, fo, fi, si, nine, nine."   HAHA! 
We've got work to do but he's making some serious progress!
The video below is just a fun one-Luke thought it was fun to play with my shoes so I tied them on his feet.  He walks very well in them considering how big my shoes are compared to his big feet.  Pay attention to his scrunched face-it's his excited/show-off smile!
*SIGH*  I love this little boy!  It's great to be a Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment