Friday, February 4, 2011

Benefits of a Snow Day


1.  Cuddling with Luke-there is nothing better than being able to sit on the couch and my little man crawl up in my lap for some Momma-lovin'.  He is such a sweet little boy and loves to be hugged and kissed.  I hope he always lets Heath and I love on him.
2.  No school-sounds obvious, I know.  Even though I don't have a class full of kids, I have LOTS of paperwork to do and things that just seem so random with my job. 
3.  Snow-I love the snow.  I think it's one of God's most beautiful gifts to us.  I love the purity of it, the way it illuminates everything; I love playing in it, eating it, whatever.  I love the snow.  heath has mentioned several times that we could move to Wisconsin (WE AREN'T) because I like the snow so much.  I don't like the cold temps, just the snow.  The ultimate experience in the snow for me was the summer before Harding when our youth group went to Colorado for the Rocky Mountain Discipleship Camp.  We took a one-day trek to a mountain peak and walked around the snow in our shorts and t-shirts.  It was awesome!
4.  Laziness-I love those lazy days with no expectations.  I could sit around all day and watch TV if there was a Law and Order marathon or something.  Like today, I've borrowed Bethany's Twilight movies so I will have a Saga marathon all day today!
5.  Scrapbooking-this is my therapy and I love it...I just wish I had more time for it and more space to do it.  When we build our house one day, I'm getting me a room or a small shed as my craft room.  It's just that I'm a very S-L-O-W scrapper.  My goal today is two pages...three is pushing it!
6.  Cleaning-I will do a little cleaning with my days off.  In fact, I cleaned the bathrooms, tub, AND bleached all of Luke's bath toys. 
7.  Luke-sometimes I keep him home with me and sometimes I send him to Renee's house.  As much as I want to spend time with him because of my full-time job, it gets him all out of routine and makes him a little whiny.  At Renee's House, he plays with other kids, takes 2 good naps and eats a good lunch.  When I keep him home, he just wants to watch his movies (Aladdin and Baby MacDonald are his faves right now) and it's a fight to get him to eat and I have to lay down with him to get him to sleep.  I decided I'm not fighting that today and I sent him to "Ne-Ne's".  He didn't fight and seemed happy to see all his buddies.

These pictures are actually from last week's snow day (I think we are up to 7 as of today).  Luke loved the snow and had so much fun running through the snow and leaving tracks behind.  But after being outside for such a short time, he started hacking so we took him inside.  His asthma struggles in this frigid air so we had to use his inhaler as soon as we got indoors.  Makes me so sad.  Please pray that he outgrows it and doesn't struggle with the asthma in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...you posted! I am so proud of you!!! I'm not fond of white - I think it's beautiful for a little while but I want it gone. Dylan loves school so he hates that he has to be stranded at home while I work!! Enjoy your time off...

    ReplyDelete